Thursday, December 24, 2009

December 24, 2009

It's Christmas Eve!!!

I remember as a kid how exciting Christmas Eve was. How I couldn't sleep, how I'd have that nervous/sugar filled belly ache, and how happy I felt. Then you get older, secrets are let out of the bag, it becomes more important to sleep in on Christmas morning than to get up and see what Santa brought... Then you have kids. The cycle starts again and it is so fun! Christmas is every bit as exciting for me now as it was then, probably even more so, and I can hardly stand it!

We spent all morning in our pajamas today. We cleaned, I got all of the food ready for tomorrow, the boys played games, and we had a good time.

Every Christmas Eve we go to Bountiful and spend time with Chad's dad and his lovely wife, Becky, and Chad's brother, Chris. It has become a tradition that we are all very fond of. They order pizzas and pastas from Robintino's, we hang out, usually watch a movie, and exchange our gifts.* It is great and I LOVE that they do this. Thanks for having us over Ken and Becky!

Cohen and Uncle Chris (He's single, handsome, educated, employed, and obviously great with kids. If you have someone amazing to set him up with, let me know!):


Cohen's very first present opening experience:


Is he not so cute? Nixin on Christmas Eve:


Say Cheese! Jack on Christmas Eve:


Jack and Nixin's all time favorite thing to do with Grandma Becky, play games!


Growing up in my family, we always got to open "Christmas Jammies" on Christmas Eve. It is a tradition that I love to do with my own family too. We open them in Bountiful, change into them there, and then all we need to do when we get home is set out the cookies and milk and go to bed. The boys were exhausted and fell asleep with no problem at all.

The boys in their new jammies:


Santa's treats:


Peaceful and ready to go:



We can't wait to see what Santa brought!

Today's Activity: Christmas Eve in Bountiful

*This year we drove home from Ken and Becky's house remembering that we had left out a few of our "traditions". I wanted to make note of them so that we remember for next year. We can't forget to do the chimes, they are so fun! Also, I was a little disappointed that Ken did not read the Christmas story from the scriptures. And, I know that we watched Ken's special Christmas movie, but "The Christmas Story" was not ever even insterted into the DVD player. It should have at least been background noise :) Love you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Chris is Pretty cute but I'm sorry-if I hear of any single ladies I'm sending them my brothers way. Speaking of ladies-how old is your cute single sister?

ANYWAY- I love all the pictures. Very cute!