Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December 22, 2009


Jack had a "Polar Express" party at school today. He was so excited to have Nixin, Cohen and I come help in his class. We made candy trains, they were awesome! He has such a wonderful, organized teacher this year. I am so grateful for that.

Nixin got up the other morning and we had this conversation:
Nixin: "Guess what mom. Jack doesn't think that girls are gross any more".
Erica: "What? He doesn't like girls."
Nixin: "He has a girlfriend now."
Erica: "Huh? How do you know that?!"
Nixin: "We talked about it last night before we fell asleep in our bedroom."

Oh! They have brother talks before they fall asleep! I LOVE that! It has always been one of my very favorite things to walk past their bedroom at night and listen to them talking and giggling.

Anyways, Jack did end up telling me that he had a girlfriend. Her name is Aspen and he thinks she is cute! For the past couple of years Jack has thought that girls are just the most horrible creatures on the planet, but he likes them now! This is huge news at our house.

The point of my rambling is that it was fun for me to meet all of Jack's school friends. I hear about them all of the time but didn't have faces to go with the names. It was especially great to see this darling (she is darling) girl who broke Jack of his "girls are gross" phase.

Today's Activity: Polar Express Party

No comments: