Thursday, December 17, 2009

December 17, 2009

I am an Activity Days Leader in our ward. It is fun to spend time every other week with the 10 year old girls in our neighborhood. They are so cute. Also, GREAT calling for me right now. It is so easy! With a little baby, easy is what I need :)

Today our activity with the girls was to go Christmas Caroling. I brought the kids with me and both Jack and Nixin were really excited to come along. I loved watching them. Jack had a paper that he was holding with the words to the songs on it. He can read well enough to keep up. Nixin kept looking at the paper as if he was reading it, but if you got down close enough to him, you could hear him mumbling a bunch of nonsense to the tune of the song. It was so cute! Both of the boys commented on how much fun they had caroling, and I will admit that I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would too.

To top off a wonderful day, it was Bunko night! Once a month I get together with some girlfriends to play a dice game. The host provides dinner, which is always awesome, and then the crazy fun begins.

I am not a very lucky person, but luck was with me tonight! I won the top prize- a massage!!! I can't wait! I also came home with the best book ever as my white elephant present, The Hunger Games. It was a good time. I am grateful that my wonderful husband supports my once a month girl's night...even if the baby won't take the bottle and screams the whole three hours. I love you Chad!

Today's Activity: Christmas Caroling

1 comment:

Amber! said...

I was just called as an Activity's Day leader! I will have to chat with you for advice!