Thursday, August 6, 2009

Catching Up

I've been a blog slacker! Time is flying, and I'm not quite sure where it is going!

August 1st I celebrated my 30th birthday. To my request, we had a semi-lazy morning and then went out to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. I LOVE breakfast there. I had French toast stuffed with a cream cheese and orange marmalade mixture, topped with fruit and served with eggs and bacon. Yum!
We came home in just enough time for me to leave for a pedicure, arranged by Chad. How nice to have someone touch my feet! I can't exactly bend down there to do it myself, so it truly was a treat.
My day was really nice. Chad and the boys made it extra special and I am so thankful to them. They even bought me Dunford donuts for my birthday cake :) Thank you to all of my wonderful family members and friends for their birthday wishes as well. I am blessed to have you all in my life.

My brother Luke, knowing how desperate I have been for a haircut, called and told me that he had made arrangements to trade roofing work with his friend in exchange for me to get a free haircut. I talked Luke's girlfriend Lindsey to driving with me down to the Gateway to visit this famous Umi (no clue how to really spell his name!) this past week. I have NEVER had a haircut like this before (sorry girls who have cut my hair before). He seriously spent about and hour and 20 minutes just cutting my hair. It is thinner and laying better than it ever has. I LOVE it! It feels so good to have a really great haircut. Now if I can figure out how to afford having him cut my hair every couple of months...Thank you Luke! Here is a pic of the new do:


Today was my 36 week prenatal appointment with Dr. Langer. I definitely believed her when she said that things were progressing. I was measuring right on at 36 cm, the baby has officially dropped right into position, I was 90% effaced and dilated to a 3 1/2! This past week has been a little harder for me. I am feeling extreme pressure down there and my pelvis bone- WOW! It KILLS. We don't have very much longer to go though. Dr. Langer said that she guesses within 2 to 2 1/2 weeks we will be holding our little Cohen in our arms. I am so excited for that! We seem to have everything ready for him. His dresser arrived safely, we have the nursery all set up and we ordered and received our new infant car seat and stroller system. Did you know that car seats expire? We didn't. But thankfully we figured it out before he arrives and the one we got is a really cool one, the Combi Helio:


Hopefully our next blog post will be pictures of our new baby :) Okay, wishful thinking, I know. Soon enough :)

6 comments:

Heather said...

What a sweet brother!

Sarah Jean said...

Happy, happy birthday. What wonderful boys/men you have. We're thinking of you and all your excitement in the next couple of weeks.

carriebutler said...

Cute haircut! Can't wait to see Cohen

Linda said...

Happy late birthday. I'm glad you had a good day. Your hair looks great! Hopefully Cohen comes soon.

Hailey said...

I think I just bought that same stroller for Brielle. So far it's been treating me right! Good luck with the next couple of weeks. We are excited to meet Cohen.

Amber! said...

You are one hot 30 year old!