Tuesday, August 25, 2009

9 Wonderful Years

It was 9 years ago today, after babbling my cousin Hollee's ear off all night, that I woke up more excited than I had ever been. It was my wedding day.

After a frantic morning of fancy hair styles, makeup, beautiful dresses, and final preparations, it was time to head over to the church for the wedding.

I remember watching our wedding party leaving the hall and entering the wedding. Suddenly it was just me and my dad left in the hall. I became really nervous.

The following is from my journal entry. It sums up our wedding perfectly:

"It was our turn to enter the chapel. It was absolutely stunning. The decorator had done and amazing job transforming that gym into the most beautiful room I had ever before seen. And to top it all off, the most handsome man I had ever set eyes upon was standing at the front of that room. From that point on I knew that everything was going to be okay.

I think we had the shortest wedding ceremony in history. Not only were Chad and I completely confused about where to stand and what to do, but our bishop had never before preformed a wedding ceremony. I would swear that it didn't last any longer than five minutes. But I would not have had it any other way. It was great."

Chad's dad provided a fabulous wedding luncheon, the reception came and went, our cake was beautiful, we danced our first dance, Hollee caught my bouquet, Luke caught the garter, we made our exit through thousands of floating bubbles, and drove away in a completely trashed, confetti filled car.

Thank you for 9 wonderful years Chad. I love you!

3 comments:

Jen said...

What an awesome journal entry! But where are the pictures?? I wanna see the decorations, the dress, the cake!!!!

jay and holl said...

how sweet.... i cant believe you did everyones hair on YOUR wedding day!! but I will never forget that day, so fun! love you guys, tanks for being a good example for me.

Amber! said...

Oh, happy day! Isn't it crazy how quickly the time has flown by?