Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ouch!

We had just finished up an evening stroll around the block when little Nixin had quite the run in with the cement. He was just standing there, decided to take off- with his legs crossed- and BAM! He has quite the scab on his face to prove it.


I had promised Jack and Chad a haircut that night and Nixin insisted that he needed one too. He didn't think it was fair that all of the boys in our family got to have short summer haircuts but him. He had just fallen and I was full of sympathy for the poor kid, so....


I did it! I cut his hair really short and he LOVES it. I love it too. The morning after the haircut, when we were styling his hair, he was shouting about how "awesome my spikes look!" I did make him promise and cross his heart that he would grow his curls back when school starts up again.

8 comments:

jay and holl said...

nixin is hilarious! i love that face he is pulling and all the faces he pulls, he would be so fun to have around all the time! kiss his face for me (bless his little heart)

Sarah Jean said...

Your boys are beautiful (sorry boys), I mean handsome. All three of them. that is quite the owie.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! My poor Nixin and where are his curls!!! His wonderful summer haircut makes him look so grown up! Love you all! G. Becky

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!! Poor boy! I hate it when my kids fall-partly because my heart breaks for them and partly because I'm vain and hate to see their perfect faces scratched up...

amelia said...

what would boys do without a turf here and there right? i love the spikes shot! i bet he's a lot cooler without the locks!
when is your due date?

Al said...

I love the haircut! And that look on his face cracks me up! What a funny boy you have.

Ball Family said...

Poor Nixin - that scrap looks ouchy! But I love his hair!

Amber! said...

Love the hair and bandaid!