Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My True Love

I know that most of you probably thought that Chad was my true love, and usually he is. But when compared with a fresh Dunford Donut right from the Dunford Bakery, the donut will always win :)
I know that I have a problem. I think that I crave these babies more than anything else. With the factory so close...well, that is trouble for me! And it is not any one donut flavor in particular. I love the chocolate frosted chocolate donuts, the white frosted white donuts (with or without nuts or sprinkles), the raspberry filled, pudding filled with chocolate frosting, or the apple fritters. Any will do.
When I stopped by there this afternoon they also had cupcakes! They were darling and the girl working there said that they were just as good as the donuts. I don't know how that could really be, but they must be some pretty good cupcakes. The best part is that they sell them for the same price as a dozen donuts. What a deal! I know where I am going the next time we have a birthday at our house. That is a much better deal than buying a cake from the store.
Mmmmmm! I LOVE donuts!
*In case you don't know where the Dunford Bakery is, their address is 8556 South 2940 West in West Jordan right behind the Jordan Valley Hospital. Go there soon.

8 comments:

Kim said...

They were really yummY! Thanks for getting them for my birthday! love ya

Heather said...

What a funny coincidence that I picked some up for the kids t-ball treat! We've got a few extra over here if the mood strikes you tonight (because they'll be gone tomorrow)! I've got to put a plug in for the chocolate with chocolate frosting.

Nielsen Family said...

We will buy nothing but Dunford donuts once you have them you can't go back to gocery store donuts enjoy them!! Just remeber you haft to enjoy being pregnant just a little bit!

Anonymous said...

Ohrgrrrr (slobbery noices). I LOVE Dunford donuts! The chocolate cake with chocolate frosting are like a bit of heaven on earth. I remember when my Dad used to stop by the donut place on State Street when we were growing up and bring home the donuts that tasted delicious but didn't look quite good enough to package. Yummmm! We were in donut heaven! From a fellow donut lover - Becky

Sarah Jean said...

NO NO BECKY - I wanted to tell the story. Salt Lake Donut company (on state street) sold out to Duncan and closed - I have been looking for them every since - seems like years. I think I need to make a trip to West Jordan - only blocks from where we used to live - we never should have moved. My favorite are definately the Chocolate frosted chocolate donuts.

Amber! said...

I just went there last week to get some ooey gooey yummy deliciousness. I was sad they didn't have my fave, though...cruellers. Mmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

I have never had one before but I'll have to try one. I rarely crave donuts but always break down and eat too many when they are in front of me! Have you heard of the new donut store in Draper. It's off of 126th and like 2 west.

carriebutler said...

Hi, I have to say that I have never eaten one although I have been to the bakery many many times.. They sell these zero point tortillas there. Now tell me that isn't cruel, selling weightwatchers food in a place that smells the way it smells, I usually end up buying a donut for Paige and then watching her lick all the frosting off. I love living vicariously..