Monday, April 6, 2009

100% BOY

What a great day! I am sitting at my computer with dinner on the stove, fresh cookies coming out of the oven, the windows open listening to the laughter of my little guys playing in the back yard and everything looked great at my doctor's appointment today. I am happy.

I am officially half way through this pregnancy! I can't believe that when I say it. It is bitter sweet for me. I don't mind being pregnant, in fact, I usually quite enjoy it. This one has been a little different with the placenta previa and all of its scares, but over all I have felt great. Knowing that it will be my last go at it makes me a little sad. It is such a neat thing to be able to make a baby, I will miss so many things about this.

I had my 20 week ultrasound this morning. I love seeing the little baby! We had questioned the last ultrasound's sex prediction, but it was, without question, still a boy. I was shocked 6 weeks ago when I heard that news, but have come to be very okay with it. It will be great to have another boy in our home.

Everything else looked absolutely perfect with our littlest guy. It is amazing to me the things that the ultrasound can see. The little chambers of the heart, the spine, kidneys, stomach, diaphragm, blood flow through the umbilical cord, and not to mention all of the baby's features. We could see his little profile, his mouth opening and closing, his little arms that he loves to keep right up there by his face, his feet, and of course, the "boy parts". How amazing it is to be able to see those things.

Good news for me too. The placenta was a good 4 centimeters away from my cervix, so this placenta previa really does seem to be taking care of itself. Hooray!

Here are a couple of the pictures that were taken today:




Isn't he adorable? I can't wait to meet him :)

12 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

I'm so glad to hear that things for you are improving. I'm glad for you guys about having another boy. Do you have any names pick out?

Sarah Jean said...

I could really see his cute little mouth in that first picture. I'm so happy that things are looking up for you.

Heather said...

How sweet he is already! I know how you feel, I love growing babies too. I'm glad everything is going better, so you can just enjoy the last half! Happy 20 weeks old little baby!

Ashley said...

CONGRATS, even though I have already said it! You are so lucky, I am jealous! Too bad you can't see his little curls :o) I am REALLY glad you and little wills is okay!!!

Jen said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. Have you guys picked out a name yet?

Anonymous said...

It gives me encouragement to read your blog and see that you are still sane after dealing with 2 boys and having one on the way. I have really struggled with the idea of having 3 boys to take care of. HOORAY for you that the placenta previa is going away-that is super scary.

Amber! said...

Hooray is right!! I am so glad for you. And, it really is a bit sad when you know it is your last. Every moment with Aiden is so wonderful. I wish he would be my little champers forever!

jay and holl said...

I cant wait to meet him either! I enjoyed visiting with you monday, sorry i never called i figured you were busy and went down town to the temple grounds instead.

Ball Family said...

I'm so excited for you and I'm so glad that everything is going so well. Hopefully that last half of your pregnancy will be a little easier.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, he's wonderful! We are so excited to have another grandson! I can't wait to meet Kyle, Kale, Wade, Wally, Owen, Royal, Carson, Max, Wes, Alex, Eric, Reese, Chad Jr.???? Whatever his name, we love him already! - Grandma Becky

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing the ultrasound pictures. He looks adorable-just like your other boys! Enjoy the next 20......

amelia said...

I'd be feeling pretty happy If I smelled your chocolate chip cookies baking too! They're so delicious! You gave me your recipe forever ago and I just can't make them like you do!

Ultrasound pictures are just AMAZING! Pregnancy can have it's ups and downs, but overall I love it too!
Sam and I keep wondering if we should have one more and try for a boy, but the three we already have are wearing us out! I guess time will tell!
I'm glad everything is going well for you and that little guy is healthy and strong! We can't wait to see him!
Thanks for your sweet comment you left on our blog! You're such a nice friend! Take Care!