Friday, February 6, 2009

Bedroom

It all started when we decided that we desperately needed a new mattress. Since we were spending the money on a new mattress, we might as well upgrade from a queen to a king, right?

Wow, now that we're home we realize that we have no king sized bedding...hmmm.

It is really hard to find bedding that matches a completely red bedroom.

Since we have a babysitter, let's go bedroom furniture shopping.

What? RC Willey is having a "free comforter set with the purchase of a bedroom set!" Okay, why not? Since we're here, let's just go for it.

Uh-Oh. The free bedding is beautiful but it does not match our red room.

Paint. Paint is easy (and less expensive than buying another comforter set).

Monday night, paint finished.

Today, bedroom furniture delivered.

Tonight BEDROOM LOOKS AWESOME! Our new bed and bedding are so fancy! We LOVE it!

The best before picture we have:




Our beautiful new bedroom:


9 comments:

carriebutler said...

wow, that does look great! still working on the soup, I can't wait to taste it!

Ashley said...

I love the new bed! Did you get dressers or anything?

Heather said...

Fun! I wonder if that tactic would work at my house!

hermansenhello said...

Hi Erica! I saw your blog when I was looking at Jennie's, hope you don't mind me visiting your site! Your room looks great, I love the new colors! Debbie

Kimmy Sunshine said...

I love, love, love it. I'll have to post pictures once my house is done or I get a momento.

Ball Family said...

Like Heather said, I wish that tactic worked in my house! That's why we just don't change anything. The room looks great!

Amber! said...

Fun! I love home makeovers!

jay and holl said...

love it! im jealous i have never had a matching bedroom set.

Linda said...

Looks good!