Monday, May 3, 2010

Crazy Hair


I remember it being a St. Patrick's Day Sunday when I was young. My mom thought that she was hilarious when she so carefully snuck that green hairspray in my hair before church. I was so embarrassed. I wanted to wash my hair before I dared to leave the house. She wouldn't let me. I remember feeling awful that day.

Fast forward to crazy hair day at school. Jack knew that he wanted big spikes. I thought that I was so hilarious when I added those couple of drops of food coloring to the travel sized hairspray bottle. I thought that I was going to win the "coolest mom ever" award. Wrong. I made my own kid feel embarrassed enough that he didn't want to leave the house without washing his hair. But, I wouldn't let him. He went to school with green hair. The difference between our two stories, however, was that Jack came home from school feeling the opposite of awful. He felt awesome. It turns out that it is cool to have green spikes at school, much better than green hair at church. Phew!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm glad it turned out okay. He sure doesn't look happy in that picture!