Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chicken and Fruit Salad

I came up with THE BEST salad! We ate it one night and then a couple of days later we just had to have it again, and as I am preparing my grocery list for the week, I am making sure that I buy the ingredients to make it yet again. It really is that good! I hope that you love it too.


Candy 1/2 c. slivered almonds by browning them in a pan with butter and brown sugar. Be careful not to burn them. They may seem soft, but will harden as the sugar cools.

1 pound chicken breast, cooked, shredded, and cooled
1 pint strawberries, sliced
1 can Mandarin oranges, drained
1 bag "7 Lettuce Blend" or salad mix of your choice

Combine the following in a blender to make the dressing:

1/3 cup red wine vinegar or raspberry vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 onion, minced
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper

Toss the candied almonds, chicken, salad, and fruit together with desired amount of dressing.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my mouth is watering!! I am DEFINITELY going to make this!! hanks for sharing.

Jen said...

oops.....THANKS for sharing ;)