Monday, June 28, 2010

First Outing

The weather has finally warmed up and that meant that it was time to take our boat out for its first outing! We left Tuesday night and stayed with my dad and Debbie at their house in Hyrum. Wednesday morning we got up, ate breakfast, and loaded up the boat for a day at Hyrum Lake. Hyrum Lake was perfect and my dad and Debbie were awesome helpers! I will admit that I was really nervous about getting the boat in and out of the water, learning how to drive it, pulling Chad on his wakeboard, etc. all with a little baby. But, I didn't even have to worry about it. They helped Chad take care of everything. I did back the boat down the ramp (with a little help from Deb) and I drove it around a bit. It was fun.

The boys couldn't have been any happier to finally be out on the water!


This is my favorite picture! Look at that adorable little face!


Even though the water was cold enough to take Chad's breath away, he was excited to use his wakeboard. The coolest part was that he had the lake to himself!


Chad went and went and went. My dad dragged him around the lake a few times and finally Chad wore himself out enough that he just had to stop. He's pretty good... and you should have seen his bulging biceps!


Infant life jackets...they just make my baby look so miserable. He wasn't complaining though. In fact, Cohen did great on the boat!


We had one of Debbie's grandsons with us, Colton. The boys had a blast with him. The three of them hopped in the tube (they're much braver than me!) and couldn't wait for their ride. Nixin is much smaller than them and you just couldn't see him at all in the tube. It had me nervous a few times, hoping that he was still in there. We had told them that if they wanted to go faster, we needed to see three thumbs up. It was the cutest thing to see Jack and Colton with their thumbs up and then all you could see of Nixin was his little hand poking out with his thumb up. So cute!


Here is Chad driving his new baby:


And here I am with my little baby:


The boys loved watching Chad wakeboard. They can not wait for us to get a board small enough for them to use.


Grandma Debbie was the best! Isn't she so cute with the boys?


Cohen could not keep his eyes open on the boat. I think the combination of the snug life jacket, the hot sun, and the lull of the boat just knocked him out. Every once in a while you would see his eyes peek open and he'd look around for a second, then bam! He was out again.


Later in the afternoon, Chad and the boys decided that they would hop in the lake for a little swim.


My dad was the flag holder:


The boys and their dad in the lake:


Nixin was so brave to jump in! His face when he popped up out of the water was awesome, I wish that I would have gotten that on camera. I don't think that he expected to go all the way under the water. It was really funny.


Here's Cohen half in and out of sleep:


After boating, we went out to dinner and then headed back to my dad's to roast marshmallows (GIANT ones that we found @ Harmons!).



We had a wonderful time and can't wait for our next trip to the lake!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! And I'm jealous. That looks so nice. I would really hate to have to back up the boat on a crowded ramp though. I watched my Mom do it for years and it just looks so stressful. Have fun cleaning the boat though-some of my best tans came from cleaning out our boat on a Saturday afternoon;)

Heather said...

Looks like a blast! Sad we won't be around to take advantage of you---I mean go with you sometime.

Debbie said...

Looks like fun. What a great thing to have with a family of boys! I have a feeling you'll be a pro before you know it!

carriebutler said...

I want some giant marshmellows!

Sarah Jean said...

What great fun - making memories is the best.

hermansenhello said...

Loved looking at all the photos--what fun! I'm hoping we get out boating soon, too! (Wish our Utah summers were a lot longer!!!)

Amber! said...

Those giant marshmallows are awesome!!!
It was so cute to only see Nixin's little thumb sticking out. And Cohen is so adorable. You look fantastic!!