Monday, March 29, 2010

Green

It was about a week before St. Patrick's Day when my boys started to remind me that "Next Wednesday we need to wear green so we don't get pinched". They had planned out exactly what they would wear on the big day and made big plans to catch leprechauns. We had a couple of friends come over to play after school and I looked outside just in time to see the five of them "dancing a jig"!


Cohen was super sick! Look at his sweet little snot face, so lovable!


Aunt Laura came over and helped the boys with their leprechaun trap. They almost caught one! Unfortunately he must have heard them open the front door and ran off before they could catch him. The good news was that some of his dollar bills fell out and landed right in their trap! They thought that part was awesome.


I made Green Fettuccine Alfredo for our special dinner, because I thought that the kids would think it was cool. They did not think it was cool and complained the whole meal instead. We finished our day up with a trip to parent teacher conference for Jack. He is doing great! He had all 4's (that's a great thing) and is reading at a level K. Happy (late) St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

Melissa & Jimmy said...

The green fettuccine made me laugh. I remember my mom making green food on St. Patrick's day and we all thought it was disgusting.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how WE think that our kids will get such a kick out of green food but mostly it just grosses them out. I am sure your Alfredo was FABULOUS though:)

Amber! said...

What a nice leprachaun to leave a little change. The trap here came out empty. Maybe we should learn for next year...
Love the jig. Born irishmen, right there!
Can't believe how big Cohen is!