Sunday, February 7, 2010

Catching Up

I'm a blog slacker. I don't want to be, but the time just flies by so fast! As I sit here eating my cheese and cracker lunch, I am thinking of the past couple weeks. A lot has happened, and here's what I am coming up with:

* Chad passed his cold on to Cohen and I. We have had lots of green stuff coming out of our noses. That has now developed into little coughs. We are feeling much better the past couple of days, but it sure wiped us out at the beginning of the week!

* Jack is off track. We have been trying to occupy our time with play dates, trips to the library, and special treats from the kitchen.

* Chad sold his 91 Lexus and bought a new Jetta! He is thrilled about it. Maybe one day he'll let me take it for a drive. It looks great from what I've seen so far.

* Cohen is getting his first tooth. Here and there I'll catch a little glimpse of it peeking through.

* Just yesterday, Nixin started Break Dancing classes! He has a lot to learn, but I think it could be just up his alley if he sticks with it. Talk about cutest thing ever!

* We bribed our older boys with a trip to Pirate Island in Orem if they each earned 20 good behavior pennies in their jars. They made it with no time to spare, and so Friday we made the drive. They love that place so much. The food is pretty good, very reasonably priced, and the kids love the ambiance. The arcade after dinner doesn't hurt either. They were giddy with excitement and I loved it!

* I got my first cavity filled :( I didn't enjoy it, but thank goodness we have a great dentist and so the experience wasn't horrible. I will be giving up Dr. Pepper (my caffeine savior since Cohen was born) and hopefully prevent future needles, drilling, and soreness.

* Jack is playing Jr. Jazz. He is usually very timid... but not yesterday! He scored 2 baskets (his firsts!) and he also made a couple of assists and rebounds. It was the best game so far!

* Cohen started rice cereal a couple of months ago and loves it. Yesterday we pulled out the baby food peas and gave them to him. He seemed to think they were great. He is growing so fast!

Okay, I think that sums it up for now. Cohen sounds like he needs me :)

5 comments:

Heather said...

We went to the St. George Pirate Island and I thought about you guys. My kids LOVE it too! I spent a small fortune at that arcade though.

Anonymous said...

Yay for blog updates!!! Miss you guys - - we need to get together soon. I'm sure Cohen has grown a foot since we last saw him, we've just gotta see Nixin's dance moves and has Jack lost any more teeth!? It's been toooo long! Love you! - G. Becky

Sarah Jean said...

Great updates - I want to watch Jr. Jazz, I'll have to get a schedule from G. B. and drop in some time. P.S. Our Brandon is engaged (my baby). wow

Debbie said...

Sounds like you're having a great off-track month! I need to see Nixin doing his breakdancing someday, that sounds so cute! I haven't even seen Chad's new car driving in the neighborhood, fun!

Amber! said...

I have never heard of Pirate Island. You will have to fill me in. We also have a money system going here. It is fantastic!
Congrats on the new car, rice cereal and too bad for the colds!!