Sunday, November 30, 2008

So Blessed

Another Thanksgiving has already come and gone, and the Christmas holiday is quickly approaching. Our family has been blessed in so many ways and after spending the past week pondering these things I feel truly grateful.

I am so thankful for a wonderful and supportive husband. Chad is my best friend and I love him so much. We have been blessed with the most amazing little boys who are healthy and happy. My family is my life and they are certainly the reason that I look forward to each day.

We have the most amazing extended families. I am so thankful for the good people that they are and for all that they constantly do on our family's behalf. We love each of them.

We have a beautiful home in a wonderful and safe part of the world. We have great neighbors and friends. The people that surround us are good examples to us and to our children. For that, I am thankful.

We have the blessings of a good job, financial security, health care, reliable transportation, food and many uncountable other things. We are safe, healthy, happy, and secure. We are very blessed.

We spent Thanksgiving this year with my dad and his wonderful wife, Debbie, at their home in Hyrum. My brother Luke was also there with us. It was a great day to make the trip, the weather was beautiful. The food was just how Thanksgiving food should be, and the company was great. Here are a few pictures from our day:










We spent the morning after Thanksgiving decorating for Christmas. No, we did not brave the "Black Friday" crowds. The boys helped decorate our beautiful tree and put up the rest of the decorations. They are excited to have a few decorations in their bedroom this year, including Christmas lights in their bedroom window.






We are excited and ready for the Christmas holiday. It is my hope that we can keep the real meaning of Christmas in our hearts and that we can truly enjoy each others company. Happy December!

1 comment:

Amber! said...

Love your Christmas Tree!