Sunday, June 29, 2008

Jackson, Wyoming 2008

We spent the first week of June in Jackson with my dad and wonderful step mom, Debbie. What a beautiful place! It was fun to see so many amazing things and it was certainly a much needed break.

The boys put their binoculars to good use as we saw many different animals. We saw deer, elk, antelope, mice (more than one moose, as Grandma Debbie taught the boys), chipmunks, coyotes, a crazy hairy caterpillar, buffalo(which were pretty much leaning up against the truck!), and we even saw a bear! We went for a lot of long drives and saw a lot of really cool things.

We spent a couple of days in Yellowstone. The boys were impressed by Old Faithful and the other geysers. Luke was there too. Jack and Nixin sure think he is something great. It was probably the huge ice cream cones that he bought them, or I guess it could have been the candy from the candy store...Anyways, one of our days at Yellowstone was extremely cold. The snow pack on the side of the road up there was still higher than my dad's truck and it started snowing so bad that we finally decided that we'd better get out of there. Pretty crazy weather for a summer vacation!

We spent some time at Jenny Lake, which was beautiful and we got some great pictures there. We went to the shoot out in Jackson Hole where my kids covered their ears with tear filled eyes. One of my favorite things on this trip was the evening that we spent at the Bar J. I will admit that we were hesitant about going at first, and even made a few jokes about it (Chad liked to refer to it as the "jamborall") but it was so much fun and we really did enjoy ourselves.

I am so thankful for a wonderful family and for the time that we were able to spend together that week. I love my dad and Debbie so much and would like to thank them for such a wonderful vacation. They are so good to us and I appreciate everything that they do for me. It was neat for me to get to spend that time with everyone, my own family, my dad, Debbie, and Luke- to make memories and to learn a little more about each of them. Thanks guys! I love you!

Here are some photos from our trip:





View all of our Jackson pictures here.

1 comment:

Julee said...

3 feet, that is hilarious. They are so cute and sweet. It makes me happy to see your beautiful family doing whats right and good.
I love you,
Aunt Julee